Where I've Been
Where I've Been
Where have you traveled?
• Argentina (El Calafate, El Chalten, Buenos Aires, Iguazu)
• Bolivia (Uyuni, Sucre, Copacabana, La Paz)
• Chile (San Pedro de Atacama)
• Colombia (Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin)
• Peru (Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Lima)
• Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap)
• Hong Kong
• Indonesia (Ubud, Bali; Seminyak, Bali)
• Laos (Luang Prabang, Vientiane)
• Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket)
• Vietnam (Hanoi, Halong Bay, Phong Nha, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh)
• Austria (Salzburg)
• France (Paris)
• Portugal (Faro)
• Spain (Sevilla, Barcelona)
• United Kingdom (London, Salisbury, Canterbury, Bath)
• Italy (Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano, Rome)
What kind of camera do you use?
I use my iPhone 6 and a Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera. Pre-2016 I used a Sony NEX-5 mirrorless digital camera. I use a combination of Adobe Lightroom and apps like VSCO and Snapseed to edit my photos. See more of my tips on technology here.
How do you afford to travel?
When I’m not traveling I am a web designer and art director. I work freelance right now so I have more flexibility with my schedule. Although technically I could work on the road I prefer to keep my regular design work and travel separate (outside of blogging which I do on the road depending on the length of my trip). I started the Lyman Creative Group which specializes in digital consulting and design. I am also a big saver when it comes to money. Read my money saving tips here.
Who do you travel with?
It depends from trip to trip. More often than not I travel by myself but I often have friends who come meet up with me while I’m on the road.
What is your favorite thing to do in New York City?
In the summer I love sitting outside at a street cafe for brunch and cocktails and then wandering the city. In the winter I love having afternoon tea at Bergdorf’s overlooking Central Park. See all my posts on NYC here.
What is your favorite place that you’ve visited?